AI+MUNICH Prototype Funding
AI+MUNICH is initiated by
AI+MUNICH supports start-ups in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) to promote innovation density based on this future-oriented technology in southern Germany. Our mission is to make prototyping easy and affordable for teams that have not yet secured financial backing. The application is now closed. As soon as our application phase is open again, we will inform you here on our website as well as on our LinkedIn account.
- Up to 25k € of funding
- Freedom in the use of the funding+
- Little effort in applying for the funding
- Fast approval process
- AI Scholarship to cover your living costs
- Not having to give up any equity in the start-up
How we support you
AI+MUNICH offers three funding options with a total volume of up to €25,000.
- AI Scholarship to cover your living expenses
- Prototyping Grant to speed up the development and testing of your prototype
- Expert Pool & Funding to support you with the right expertise.
How we select teams
AI+MUNICH supports early-phase as well as late-phase teams (equally distributed) in southern Germany. Further, it is a plus if you are a diverse team. Also, if you have already participated in AI-related competitions and won prizes.
You are qualified if…
- you have clearly defined an (initial) customer
- you have defined the problem you want to solve and validated it with potential customers
- you have developed a suitable solution to this problem and also discussed it with potential customers
- your solution (your value proposition) requires AI
- you have defined the structure, size and competition of the market you are on
- AI expertise is present in the core team
- there are at least two of you as a founding team
- Your project addresses at least one of the SDGs
You are overqualified if…
Team-Fit: How well is your team set up?
- Do you have the right competences for your business idea in the team? (Particularly important: Is AI expertise present in the core team?)
- Do you have a big enough time commitment?
- Which experts support you from outside?
ℹ️ Some tips for Team-Fit:
- Provide a link to your LinkedIn profiles.
- Use your past (work) experience to prove your competencies and avoid using misleading information.
AI-Fit: What role does AI play in your business idea?
- Do you need AI to bring your value proposition to life?
- What capability of AI do you use to solve problems?
- Is your AI approach proprietary and can you defend it against competitors?
ℹ️ Some tips for AI-Fit:
- Provide some info how you’re able to access required training data for your business idea.
- Provide information about the tool stack you’re using.
Business Model-Fit: How mature is your business model?
- Have you identified a relevant problem that is worth solving?
- Do you have a clear vision of your problem solution and have you successfully validated it with customers?
- Do you have strong arguments that customers prefer your solution over competitors (e.g. in the form of LOIs?)
ℹ️ Some tips for BM-Fit:
- Be sure to add sufficient evidence to validate your problem solution fit.
- Make clear what bottlenecks limit your business idea (e.g. network-effects) and how you will deal with them?
SDG-Fit: Does your idea pay into the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Are you paying towards an SDG? If so, which one?
- How exactly do you pay into it?
ℹ️ Some tips for SDG-Fit:
- Be sure to also address targets inside relevant SDGs (don't just scratch the surface).
How to get funded
Step 1: Application
The application phase is open.
The application phase started on May 25 and ends on June 25.
Step 2: Funding Pitch
If you are selected, you will have the opportunity to pitch for funding in front of a panel of experts on July 25. If you are not selected, we will offer you the opportunity for a feedback interview with us.
Step 3: Feedback
Shortly after the pitch, you will receive feedback as to whether and how much funding will be provided.
Please click here to apply!
Any questions? Please read through their FAQs. If your questions are still not answered, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.